What You Need to Know About the Booming Massage and Skincare Industries
As massage therapy and facial skincare continues to dominate the mainstream, becoming viable, long-term therapeutic solutions, the industry has subsequently grown exponentially. These stats speak for themselves:
- The massage industry grew by 20% since 2020(U.S. Dept. of Labor)
- Two-thirds of all massage goers were recommended by a Doctor/Medical Provider
- US skincare revenue was $19.92B in 2022, with a CAGR of 3.91% (2022-2027)
- Sales in the skincare industry are projected to surpass $124.5B by 2032
- Skincare is projected to generate $177 billion by 2025
The Massage Industry
The massage industry sector of the economy is undergoing rapid growth, responsible for $18 billion in annual revenue. Approximately 48 million people received nearly 200 million massages in just the last year, and this continues to grow with medical providers understanding the therapeutic benefits of massage therapy and as a result, referring their patients to our services
The Facial Skincare Industry
The market for facial skincare is every bit as robust, capable of generating $14 billion in annual revenue. Approximately 22 million people received facial skincare up to 2-3 times in the past 12 months. The growth in the facial skincare industry is just beginning with awareness of available treatments breaking through on new channels such as social media.
$1M+ Average Unit
100+ Locations &
25% Increase in Same
Store Sales vs. 2019
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the market for massage therapists is rapidly expanding, expected to grow 22% by the year 2028, above average for all service-related occupations. Every day, more and more licensed massage therapists complete their training, resulting in a healthy talent pool.
Consumer Insights on the Massage Industry
If you need further convincing of the massage industry outlook, a recent survey by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) determined the following statistics:
- 92% of adults in the U.S. agree that massage therapy is useful for pain reduction
- 85% of U.S. adults agree that massage therapy is beneficial to stress relief and overall health
- 21% of all adults in the U.S. received a massage treatment in the past year (48 million)
Let’s Get Started
As you consider the industry sector on which to pin your entrepreneurial hopes and dreams, we invite you to keep these statistics in mind. They make up a few of the over-convincing reasons why investing in a Retreat with Massage Heights simply makes good business sense. If you agree, let’s talk about a future for you and your loved ones that rests on a solid foundation.