There’s no denying that growing your business is scary — your costs will go up, you’ll deal with new clients, and you won’t be able to dedicate all of your time to one location. But isn’t taking a risk exactly what you did when you went into business for yourself the first time? Sure, it can be nerve-wracking, but the reward almost always outweighs the risk.
It may be time to expand if:
- You have to turn customers away because you don’t have space or staff available.
- Your staff are great at their jobs and don’t need to be micromanaged.
- You’re meeting or exceeding goals you’ve set for the business.
- Customers want your business in more locations.
Tips For Expanding Your Retreat
- Add a second location to the mix. One of the best ways to truly grow your business is to branch out into new territories. Especially if you know customers come to your Retreat from neighboring towns, another location may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
- Add new products or services. Expanding doesn’t always have to be physical (like adding a second location). You can grow your business right where you are by adding new products and services to your mix, whether they’re holiday-specific, seasonal, or something completely unique.
- Reach out to new customers. There’s almost always an untapped market out there — you just may need to get creative in finding them. For example, offering shorter massages at a lower price may be what it takes to get time-starved consumers (who previously didn’t have time for a long massage) through your doors.
- Have a plan in place. And no, you can’t just use the plan you created when you were opening your first Retreat. Assuming your first Retreat is several years old now, there’s a good chance the market has changed since you first opened. Regardless of which course of action you take, you need to have an execution plan in place to make any change a success.
It’s time to achieve your full potential with a Massage Heights franchise. To become a Massage Heights Franchise Owner, contact us at (888) 810-3940 or request more information here.